Confucius was a Chinese thinker and social philosopher, whose teachings and philosophy have deeply influenced Chinese, Korean, Japanese and Vietnamese thought and life.He is considered the first teacher and his teachings are usually expressed in short phrases which are open to various interpretations. Chief among his philosophical ideas is the importance of a virtuous life, filial piety and ancestor worship.
The philosophy of Confucius emphasized personal and governmental morality, correctness of social relationships, justice and sincerity.
1. “When you see a good person, think of becoming like her/him. When you see someone not so good, reflect on your own weak points.”
2. “The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.”
3. “The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.”
4. “Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.”
5. “When it is obvious that goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, but adjust the action steps.”
6. “Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.”
7. “I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”
8. “Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance.”
9. “To know that we know what we know, and that we do not know what we do not know, that is true knowledge. ”
10. “If what one has to say is not better than silence, then one should keep silent.”